Our Ultimate Westchester Wedding Planning Checklist
Congratulations on your engagement! It is such a special time for couples, their families, and friends. However, now that you are engaged, you must start planning. Doing so can help you set a date and ensure that the day is as spectacular as you envision. To help, we have come up with the ultimate wedding planning checklist for anyone who wishes to say, “I Do” in a Westchester County, New York – Wedding.
Your Wedding – in Westchester!
Westchester is an awesome place to get married for anyone who enjoys quaint beauty. There are scenic areas for an outdoor wedding with the Hudson River to the west and the Long Island Sound to the east. You will also discover that there are many wedding venues that offer indoor ceremonies. To ensure you get the most beautiful spot for your day, planning is going to be key. We suggest that you get an early start so that everything is ready for you.
- Bonus: It will also ensure a stress-free experience for your entire wedding party!
Our Ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist
Planning a Westchester wedding starts long before the ceremony. You should give yourself a year to pull off your dream wedding, if possible.
12 Months to your wedding day:
- Now is the perfect time to consider your budget, your guest list, a theme, and your venue.
- It is also a great time to bring in professional planners if you want help.
- They will know reliable caters, photographers, DJs, etc., and can do their part to ensure you are covered for your chosen date.
- You can also consider your guest list and confirm with the venue that they can accommodate people with different physical abilities to ensure all guests can come safely.
- You may also want to consider booking your wedding limousine! Do you know what kind of wedding transportation you will need?
We are Westchester Wedding Transportation experts! – If you have questions at any time never hesitate to contact us, we have classic wedding limos, party buses, sprinter vans, executive SUVs and luxury sedans in our fleet.
9-10 Months to your wedding day:
- Now that you know who will help you pull off the magical day, you can start tackling the fun parts of weddings.
- Shopping for your wedding dress, creating wedding websites, engagement photos, invitations, and anything else that you want for your special day is all up to you and should be on the to-do list for pre-wedding planning.
6-8 Months to your wedding day:
- Your wedding party can also get in on the fun now when you incorporate their help in choosing bridesmaid’s dresses.
- You will also start to plan your rehearsal dinner venue, hire musicians, your officiant, and other key people. You can also begin to plan your romantic honeymoon!
3-5 Months to your wedding day:
- Now you will begin finalizing some details of your wedding experience making sure that invitations are perfect, rehearsal dinner bookings will be set, you can choose your wedding cake, prepare to pamper yourself before the wedding, and more. This will be a time when you can get excited by the details coming together.
1-2 Months to your wedding day::
- Your marriage license, invitations, seating arrangements, thank you gifts for your wedding party, and writing vows will keep you busy during this time.
- Having a plan to follow from start to finish really helps make what can be a stressful time enjoyable with a detailed plan you can sit back and watch the elements of your big day fall into place& finalize the details.
The Final Week:
- Pick up your wedding dress, choose people to help you prepare for your wedding, and last-minute checks are going to be very important as the final days pass by.
- As the excitement builds, don’t forget to break in your wedding shoes for comfort and pack for your honeymoon!